Attend trainings & events
Host an Art of Mass Gathering in your community
Join our teaching roster
Host an AoMG
Gatherings like festivals, concerts, and other special events are simultaneously powerful and vulnerable. Embracing a whole community approach to safety and preparedness means helping event producers master the art of mass gatherings. The symposia feature indoor panels, presentations, and learning tours through the hosting festival led by recognized experts.
Thanks to the support of Performing Arts Readiness (PAR), you can apply to host an Art of Mass Gatherings in your community, free of charge for up to 50 participants. PAR and Majestic Collaborations will work directly with your team as well as other local agencies and organizations to co-develop a symposium that is locally relevant while also providing an opportunity to learn from national and international experts in the areas of event safety, accessibility, sustainability, and community engagement. See below for more details about what to expect.
What to expect
We will provide:
- Symposium registration, set-up, presentation, and clean-up
- Curriculum development expertise including access to our national network of topic specialists
- Food and beverages for all attendees.
- 4 visiting presenters/experts
- An honorarium for culture bearers for a Native Land Recognition and translation support when needed.
You as hosts will provide:
- Collaboration with a beloved community festival that will serve as the living classroom for the Art of Mass Gatherings
- Facility for hosting portions of the symposium indoors that can accommodate 50 seated participants.
- Contribution of two event security staff and one police or sheriff officer (diversity is appreciated) committed to AOMG on the day of the symposium
Together, we’ll co-design a locally relevant world-class learning and networking experience for your community.
- Participation in phone conferences as needed for planning prior to the event
- Coordinate with key local partnerships and stakeholders to participate on the event host committee. We will work collaboratively to generate the symposium’s agenda, presenting line-up and ideas for integrating audience, creatives, and community into the AOMG activities.
- Invite diverse local audiences to participate in the event